Monday, November 20, 2006

I can only imagine how much it must hurt when someone is hung by a rope to die. I will NEVER do that to myself or wish that on anyone... but the hurt is quite similar to feelings some people go through many times in their life and are yet alive to tell the tale... This is one such tale...

I suffer in hunger
Your name was written
On this empty plate
Of my unbecoming love

The more I crave for you
The more I bleed and hurt
Time can heal a broken heart
Or leave you to prey

The clock would tell for end
And fight away the dawn
Tomorrow is a door
The seal I´ll never break

Sorrow has paved the path
You keep sharpening the thorns
That will keep me awake
For as long as I walk

Can´t you see how it hurts
To be alone and lost like a leaf
I´m still lying alone
Wishing you were here

After all of this is gone
I´m still breathing
I have no heart to say goodbye
Yet no strengh to hold on

1 comment:

raj said...

Mandar..No idea where you get these words from... its nothing less than amazing....

here is a poem for a couple were hung to the tree by their own people in Gujarat , publicly, just because they were in love..and unlike your case, thy did not survive but their love did...

The first time i was born;the first thing i was taught is 'Love';
They taught me to love thyself..
They taught me to love thee..
They told me that it was in plenty and was not just for me..

Years passed like a quickening current(river);
Which raised the bud of love in me;
I could see myself loving..i could feel myself loving..;
And found it was all in for me..

Then came a day when i saw her for the first time..;
She was standing by the sea..
The tides rushed and roared..
At the sight of her de'cree!!

I had loved her & she loved me too..
I could see her love for me..;
But,now here i lay hanged to the tree..
By those people who've taught me to love thee!!!

ram