Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Rise
All these thoughts that capture me
They won't let me take control
I've got to rise above my life.
To find the reason I'm alive.

I'll save myself,
I'm all alone.
I've opened my heart
To see there's nobody home.

It's up to me,
I'm on my own.
The message of life is turning
Facing the storm.

My Life is filled with your memory.
You were deep within my heart.
You were deep inside of me.
And all this pain that I'm wrapped around.

If there's a heaven up above,
I see the angels falling down
Life is like a distress call,
wail deep within my soul, cry deep within me
_________________________________________

You

You lost all faith in promises
And in real love closing in
Tired of deciphering
Your wayward mind's strands of truth

Puzzled by the trappings
Your words make the edges blur
Standing on the outskirts
Of sincerity and pride

The ends of your conditioning
To swallow, and force to like it
Choose to keep me in the dark
Than look me in the eye

There's something in the words I hear
That makes me want to take a stand
You think its gone on too long
I would have chosen to disengage

So what if healing takes forever
so what if time is meant for others
so what is left is but to shatter
Can't what is broken be whole?

No comments: