Sunday, February 18, 2007

5 hours!!

I got a call late at night at 10.30 on the 13th of February from her -

She: "Can you get a day off from work tomorrow?"
Me: "No baby, its gonna be a busy day"
She: "Ok nevermind.. come pick me up at Delhi airport tomorrow at 9 AM"
Me: "Huh? What?"
She: "Come pick me up at Delhi airport tomorrow at 9 AM... I wanna spend our first valentine's day together"
Me: "Girl, are you crazy? How are you gonna do it?"
She: "I have the tickets in my hand.. I have already done it"
Me: "....... wow"
Me: "Ok.. will be there"

So my sweet darling gets to work at 7 in the eve on 13th, works till 2 in the morning, leave for the airport at 4.30, catches the 6.30 flight and gets to Delhi at 9 AM.

We spend the most amazing 5 hours together.. and then she has to leave.. she catches the 4 PM flight on the 14th and reaches Hyd at 7 and goes to work immediately!!!

I always knew that women were strong and that when they loved someone, they loved completely... but this remains, to this day, the most amazing gift I have received from a loved one.. those 5 hours of my life will remain forever precious to me..

They dont make women like you anymore, my mad little girl!!

2 comments:

Of people, wishlists and some favorite things said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amna said...

Mandar, am I glad I came to check out your blog!! So happy for ya. Craziness and women, yeah you can associate the two together. I know, cuz I am one of them ;) and to think I dont even get blog posts in my name for everything I do. Sigh.

Enjoy Mandar. Wish you all the best!!